Eat Your Way Healthy Through the Holiday Season
The holidays are often when everyone gets all worried about the sweet and savory indulgences that will no doubt grace every holiday table. It becomes a time where often you give yourself permission to let loose and eat whatever, and then New Year’s rolls around and you feel like you got hit by a food truck.
Give Yourself the Gift of Balance
What I’m proposing is a complete mindset shift around how you honor your body and your self-care needs during the holiday season. This is a time for giving, so how about you give yourself a gift that’s going to nourish you beyond the 10-minute sugar rush of that wretchedly unhealthy fruit cake your aunt likes to make.
Set Boundaries with Your Family
Talk to your family and explain that you’ll be doing things differently this year – that just because it’s the holidays doesn’t mean you’re going to settle for nutritionally deprived foods that take more than they give your body.
Explain that you’ll be creating some healthy delicious options and offer to share with them. It is the holidays, after all!
Exercise Your Creativity in the Kitchen
Try new and exciting recipes. Splurge and buy expensive superfoods, interesting fresh fruits and vegetables that you don’t always get, nuts and seeds and truffled extra-virgin olive oil.
Tips to Eat Healthy Without Feeling Deprived
Healthy food can be totally gourmet and special too. Make your own homemade chocolate with mint leaves and stevia for sweetness. Adorn your salads with pomegranates and walnuts.
Here are a few more tips and tricks…
- Swap white potatoes with roasted sweet potato and butternut squash
- Thicken the drippings from your turkey for gravy with arrowroot or tapioca starch to stay away from gluten and GMO corn starch.
- Try making coconut whipped cream instead of dairy and serve with homemade roasted pumpkin with a bit of cinnamon, stevia and crumbled pecans
- Ditch the bread and stick with extra veggies drizzled with high-quality olive oil
- Use plain yogurt instead of sour cream
- Make cauliflower rice instead of white rice
Want even more great tips to help you lose weight, improve your digestion and increase your energy?
Check out my new Reinvent you program details here.
Or join me on my Facebook page where I’ll be sharing more information, tips and recipes to help you live a happier, healthier life.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!