https://shannonnickerson.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/fall-road_mediumthumb.jpg 217 250 shore_adminsn https://shannonnickerson.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/website-logo-v8.png shore_adminsn2017-09-21 16:45:192018-03-13 16:45:38Slow Down to Get More
Slow Down to Get More
Many of us are experiencing being “on the go” with back-to-school, soccer practice, dance classes, carpool lines, and the feeling of being overwhelmed.
This is a great time to KISS (Keep It Simple Sister) and I mean that in all ways!
Your meals, meal prep, sex, grocery shopping, time with girlfriends, self-care, all of it…schedule it out! That’s how you set yourself up for success. If you don’t have a plan you are planning to fail.
One of the keys to fueling that fabulous body of yours is to prepare for your week. Here are a few tips to living healthy and with intention all week long:
- Start your Sunday evening with a brain dump session to set the intention for the new week. Set a timer (if you are short on time) and take 15 minutes to write out these three things:
- What are you worried about?
- What are you avoiding?
- What can you celebrate? Your wins, what is going well?
- *Then ask yourself where can you take action? And when? And then let the rest go and picture how you would like the week to go. I like to use words like joy, ease, grace, and effortlessly. The universe always has your back and there are no limits.
- Prep your protein for the week all at once: I like to make all my breakfast turkey sausage at once so it only takes a few minutes to heat up in the morning. If you don’t eat meat, get your tempeh cut and ready, or your beans soaking over night.
- Pre cut your favorite veggies: Have your onions, sweet potatoes, peppers already cut up and ready to sauté,
- Remember your snacks every 3 hours: get your snack bags out for the week and put your nuts in a bag, your kale chips, carrots, and any other “must haves” during the week for your desk or in your car.
- Skip a step to get more spinach and kale: If the idea of washing your vegetables slows you down, spend the extra money to buy pre packaged organic greens washed, pre cut, and ready to go. It’s perfect to throw in your smoothies, stir-fry’s, and use for your salads.
- Always think how you can cook once, and eat at least twice.
- Fill your water bottle first thing in the morning and take note of how many times you need to fill it during the day to meet your water needs. (Remember, drink half your weight in oz. of water per day)
- Bookend your day with a slow down tip in the AM (journal, affirmation, or 5 minutes with your favorite book) and a wind down routine in the PM. You will feel more in control of how your life is unfolding…and it will actually be more enjoyable!
I would love to hear what works for you! Post below and share.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!